As somebody that may love gardening you realize the need for honey bee pollination, be you a flower, vegetable and/or fruit gardener. Without a doubt you have experienced that you do not have as many honey bees tripping about in your own garden as in years past.
You most have probably heard of CCD Colony Collapse Disorder decimating our bee population here in the US. Incidentally, as of this writing, researchers have not pinned down an underlying reason for CCD. Many think it is actually an effect of general distress a consequence of multiple reasons like , disease, pesticides, mites that have emigrated here from Asia, etc. The result is that we need lots more people to keep their own bees.
What can you do about it ?
Why not start your own bee hive or two ? It is just common sense does it not ? Almost anybody can become a beekeeper. And, it does not matter if you live in a rural setting, amid a suburban area, or in a high rise in the heart of New York City. Bees may be kept anywhere that flora thrives.
The honey bees will not care if your a man, woman or child. It is immaterial if your nine years old or seventy five years old. You can also have a severe physical handicap as long as you have some type of mobility and a friend to help lift a heavy box for you. If you are clever and inventive maybe you can also figure a way around that limitation.
The beekeeping season begins with the oncoming of spring and the flowering of trees and then plants of all kinds.
Very well you say, Just how do I start?
First, learn all you are able about honey bees and beekeeping. See your library and research what they have on hand on beekeeping. The world wide web is a gold mine of information for beginners to advanced beekeepers. A fashionable beekeeping magazine especially written for the hobbyist beekeeper is Bee Culture. You can locate Bee Culture online by doing a search. Some of their articles are obtainable in their entirety online and others are only available by subscribing to the magazine. You can likewise subscribe online to the editors free ‘Catch The Buzz’ newsletter. Search for ‘beginning beekeeping’ information by employing Google or your own favorite search engine.
Go online to locate a few of the many good books available in addition to beginning beekeeping videos on tape and on dvds.
Poke around the area your residence and see if you are able to find any local beekeepers when they love to help people enter beekeeping. They may well be in a position to inform you about the existence of a local area bee club or association. Many of these associations conduct a winter ‘Bee School’ for folks curious about honey bees and/or becoming a beekeeper. If you spot a bee hive in someone’s yard while driving around, do stop and introduce yourself as this is a good way to meet a local beekeeper.
Once you’ve your own beehive(s) you have a personal unique source of honey. Your personal bottled honey produces a great gift a whole lot appreciated by the recipient. You can likewise sell your excess honey by the roadside or wherever. That produces a nice way to help pay for your beekeeping equipment.
Incoming search terms:
- raising honey bees how to get started
- raising bees in the city
- how to get started raising honey bees
- how to get honey bees
- how to get started raising bees
- getting started raising bees
- buy honey bees
- where to get honey bees
- how to raise bees getting started
- how to get honey
- How to get started with honey bees
- getting started with honey bees
- getting started raising honey bees
- how to get honey from bees
- how to get started in honey bees
- how to catch honey bees
- raise your own bees
- how to get started raising bees for honey
- how to get honey bees started
- how to raise your own bees
- how to buy honey bees
- how to raise honey bees for beginners
- how to get started in raising bees
- how to make money raising bees
- How do I get started raising honey bees
- raising your own bees
- starting to raise bees
- where do i get honey bees
- how to start raising bees
- how to start raising honey bees
- raising honey bees in new york
- raising honey bees in ny
- raising honey bees for beginners
- how do i get honey bees
- getting started in honey bees
- raise your own honey bees
- how to raise bees for honey beginner
- how to get started with bees
- raising bees
- buy honeybees
- keep your own bees
- how to get bees for honey
- can you attract your own bees with out buyin the bees and produce honey
- get started raising bees
- get honey bees
- how to keep your own bees
- how to get free honey bees
- how to raise bees in the city
- how to get honeybees